“We get a better working environment and less stress as the welder does not have to sit for long hours near the welding fumes and the heat, and at the same time profitability increases.“
Experts in robotic welding
All you need to get the job done
SmoothTool is a robotic welding solution that helps you deliver your best work by putting you in charge of the automated welding process.
- Copy and offset items in X, Y, Z direction or hand-guide the robot to your preferred offset position to ensure the best weld every time
- Control your stitch weld with parameters, e.g., retraction, weld length, air speed, number of welds
- Check if your welding path needs correcting before pressing start
- Zoom into different segments of the welding path for a closer look
Linear and circular weaving
- Works on CB and e-series
- Set and adjust the amplitude, frequency and dwell time for the best result
- Can also be combined with stitch welding
- SmoothTool is a ‘plug-and-play’ robotic welding kit that is tested and approved by Universal Robots
- Compatible with UR3e, UR5e, UR10e, UR16e and CB-series collaborative robots (or cobots)
Power source independent
- Use your preferred power source
- Manage parameters using the UR teach pendant or directly on the power source
- Use the Programming Flange to show your robot how you want the job done
- Doing it freehand makes this process a lot easier and faster
Easily build complex welding paths
Weld any shape you want by combining linear and circular paths. Easily set up simple or complex welding paths in the intuitive SmoothTool programming interface.
Add weaving pattern with just a few clicks
Choose the weaving pattern you like and apply it to all or some of your welds in your program with just a few clicks.
Customizable weaving patterns
Adjust the parameters to achieve the perfect weaving pattern for your weld.
Use your preferred power source
We are compatible with every welding power source brand. No matter what you’re running, you can use SmoothTool with your existing power source by choosing from our integration options for manual and robotic welding power sources.
Preconfigured welding power sources (for robotic welding power sources)
We’ve preconfigured SmoothTool to be compatible with several robotic welding power sources that are ‘plug and play’. And we’ll keep adding more.
You can set up SmoothTool by simply using Digital I/O with your power sources.
With UR Script you can decide how to switch the power source on and off.
Need more info?
View your paths in 3D
SmoothTool’s 3D Viewer creates a virtual welding path so you can adjust the parameters to get the perfect weld first time and minimize the need for dry runs.
EASE OF USE
Make a basic welding program in just 4 steps
Approach: Set the point above the item you’re about to weld
Weld Start: Set the starting point of your welding path (arc on)
Weld End: Set the ending point of your welding path (arc off)
Exit: Set the point above the item where the welding will end
What’s in the box?
License USB key
Software USB key (URCap and user manual)
Robotic welding is changing
Automated robotic welding used to be exclusive to large manufacturers that required high volumes of identical welds in their production workflow. Today, due to the development of collaborative robotics, robotic welding offers significant advantages to production companies large and small.
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
More accessible to SMEs
Small- and medium-sized production companies now have the opportunity to incorporate robotic welding into their workflows without risk.
- Advancements in robotic welding allow production workers who have no previous robotics programming experience to learn how to operate a cobot within minutes.
- With robotic welding having been around for some time, the start-up costs in adding a robot to the operation have decreased.
- Cobots work alongside humans and therefore don’t need to be kept in a cage that takes up a lot of factory floor space. With cobots (such as those from Universal Robots) weighing as little as 11 kg, many production companies choose to mount their robot arm on a magnetized surface or a wheeled trolley so they can deploy it anywhere in the factory.
By incorporating the robotic welding process into their workflows, SMEs benefit from reduced manufacturing costs and a shorter payback period on the robot through:
- Increased efficiency and quality through consistency and repeatability of welds, resulting in improved ROI on smaller batches; and
- Increased focus on design – giving the welder time to focus on more complex and profitable projects.
More attractive workplace
SMEs that use robotic welding in their operation can make up the shortfall in skilled welders through the efficiencies gained by adding a cobot to the team.
In addition, SMEs can attract employees with a broader skill set who are ready to add robotic welding to their portfolio where the job will demand more of their expertise in decision making, attention to detail and customer service.
Studies show that robotic welding reduces instances of repetitive strain injury (RSI) in welders. As well as being good for employee wellbeing, it’s good for SMEs too as it reduces the risk of exposure to staff shortages.
Smooth Robotics - your trusted partner
At Smooth Robotics, we help you deliver your best work by putting you in control of the automated welding process in a way that enhances your business and benefits your employees. Let us help your business reap the benefits of robotic welding.